YOLO: Behind the Scenes

September 22, 2009 | By | Comments (9)

Jefftom

Producing the YOLO shoot in Seagrove, FL, earlier this summer was one of the more fun photo shoots I've had the opportunity to do. Not only did Mary Katherine Stump, our writer, and I get to spend the day picking the brains of Jeff Archer and Tom Losee (above), the entrepreneurs behind YOLO Boards, but we also got to learn how to stand-up paddle. The sport, in which one stands on a more-buoyant version of a surf board and paddles, is like nothing else—tranquil yet exciting, calming while seriously working the core muscles. I've been hooked ever since—I even convinced my husband and some friends to try it on our vacation. To get the full story and find out what YOLO means, pick up the October issue of Coastal Living. In the meantime, check out these photos taken during our shoot!

Bus

Chris Lambert, a local YOLOer, loaned us his meticulously-restored vintage VW bus for the shoot. So we loaded it up with boards and tailgating essentials and headed for the beach!

Madra

Madra Medina McDonald, of M Public Relations, and Mary Katherine return to the bus after give the sport a try.

Colleen

Our photographer, Colleen Duffley. Check out her studio, Studio B, here. For more info on YOLO Boards, click here.

**Special thanks to the Lamberts for loaning us their VW and taking such great behind-the-scene shots!

COMMENTS

1. Lida

is This perfect moment for take a photo ??? by the way thanks for this blog. I love it

September 23, 2009 at 3:19 am
  2. Andi Lambert

Thanks, Steele! It was our pleasure to have our Westy in our favorite magazine! Priceless!

September 23, 2009 at 4:21 am
  3. clark milioti

Great article.
    I got addicted to SUP earlier this summer.
    Was out just yesterday until the sun went away.
    Have not touched my traditional longboards since stepping on a SUP.
    Not that I will abandon them (all forms of surfing are important), it’s just that the surf is always up on a SUP!
    You don’t even need the ocean (but it’s indeed at least 300% better there).
    Thanks for a fun article (and sick pix of the VW).
    We need more people in the world like the YOLA people!

October 23, 2009 at 1:11 pm
  4. Olympus Digital Cameras

I never really got the chance to learn surfing.

January 19, 2010 at 5:36 am
  5. Accounting Jobs

Grew up in a home near the beach. I love living there because I surf and its convenient for me.

January 19, 2010 at 10:31 am
  6. captive insurance company

Man that looks so freaking awesome. 1 question thought…since when are surfboards so gigantic?

December 1, 2010 at 7:44 pm
  7. ClubPenguinCheats

Check out her studio, Studio B, here. For more info on YOLO Boards, click here.

March 28, 2011 at 11:52 pm
  8. vize işlemleri

Perfect article, thanks you for sharing.

July 12, 2011 at 11:29 pm
  9. vize başvurusu

ı like this post and this site.

October 2, 2011 at 11:57 pm