Got a case of The Mondays? Us too. Extend your beach weekend with our ten tips for living the beach life every day of the week.
1. Start your day with a classic island smoothie. Mix 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 1 1/4 cups mixed tropical fruit, and 1/2 cup pineapple juice, and process until smooth.
2. Brighten your bath. Splash your space with cabana style — pick up Garnet Hill’s Regatta Stripe Bath Towels, from $28; garnethill.com.
3. Dress the part of an islander — in the office. Don a floral maxi dress under your cardigan or a Hawaiian-print tie with your suit for office-appropriate, sand-inspired digs.
4. Breathe easy. Tropical plants work as natural air filters, so they increase the oxygen in your office. Try a lush Areca palm or a potted pop of color, like a red or yellow Clivia lily.
5. Take a dip in the pool for a calorie-burning post-work refresher. Or grab a friend and try a water fitness class, like Aqua Zumba, which combines in-pool cardio with Latin dance moves.
6. Mix a Monday evening mojito — or any frosty cocktail. Whip up our three-ingredient Minty Lime Frozen Mojito.
7. Dine out. And by out, we mean outdoors. Pair a chilled soup with toasty bread for a simple alfresco supper. Try our Zucchini and Mint Gazpacho.
8. Watch a beach flick to put you in a seaside state of mind. Try classics like Elvis’s Clambake or Frankie and Annette’s Bikini Beach.
9. Give your skin an at-home spa treatment by using an exfoliating body scrub with a tropical scent. We like The Body Shop’s Coconut Scrub, $20; thebodyshop-usa.com.
10. Crank up the volume of your morning drive with a custom mix of beach tunes to make even your commute feel coastal. See our free playlist below. –Jessica Drake