This Friday, our thoughts are with the residents of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Haiti, Cuba, and the Bahamas who have been or may be affected by Hurricane Matthew. Stay up to date with the latest news and, most importantly, stay safe!
If you’re in a safe place and would like to share photos with the rest of the Coastal Living community, please send them to us. We will work to create an updated online story throughout the weekend that features readers’ photographs.
Email images to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you are an Instagram poster, just hashtag your post #CLMatthew and we will find it that way. Most of all, know that we’re hoping for everyone’s ongoing safety.
2. Here are 13 great reads to put you in an autumnal mood.
3. You’ll love this precious coastal Christmas hand towel, featuring a festive octopus.
4. Sunday Read: Venture to the South Pacific with “The Island Far Away: Exploring Britain’s Pitcairn Island.”
5. Considering taking a road trip this fall? You might want to drive along one of America’s most scenic roads.
6. These rustic hand-carved wooden bowls make perfect fall decorations.
7. The fifth installment of the adventurous, swash-buckling Pirates of the Caribbean series is here. Dead Men Tell No Tales isn’t set to be released for a few more months, but that doesn’t mean we can’t start getting excited now.
8. You have to see these pumpkin-carving fails—at least your attempt at pumpkin art can’t go this badly, right?
9. Regardless of who you’re voting for, take a break to watch this “‘Pantsuit Power’ Flash Mob for Hillary.” (We’re loving these pantsuits!) You can read all about how the flash mob came together here.
10. Voting for America’s Happiest Seaside Town 2017 has been temporarily paused as Hurricane Matthew moves toward the southeastern states. Please check the voting page and our Facebook page for updates!
More Coastal Living: