Happy Friday! It’s the last Friday of October, which means Halloween is just days away. Take a break from all the spooky festivities to check out the must-see articles, products, and lists of the week.
1. Tomorrow’s the last day to vote for America’s Happiest Seaside Town 2017! Voting ends tomorrow night (the 29th) at 11:59 p.m. PST. Vote now to have a say in which seaside town is crowned the winner!
2. Scuba enthusiasts rejoice: An artist has built an underwater art exhibit just off the coast of Catalina Island in southern California
3. Plan way ahead for next year’s summer vacation with a $159 flight to Ireland.
4. Before you take a picture of your next vacation spot on your phone, check out these photography tips from Lonely Planet. Take some inspiration from our favorite photos of last year and get snapping!
5. Intelligent people may enjoy solo travel more—find out why from Travel + Leisure.
6. Making your trick-or-treating plans? Apparently, some cities are better for bringing in a great candy haul (without having to walk too far). Did your city make the list? While you’re prepping for the big night, take our quiz to find out what Halloween candy you are, and keep an eye out for your perfect candy this weekend.
7. Sad news: Many of the buttons you push—the elevator door close buttons, your office’s thermostat—don’t actually work. Read the full story from The New York Times.
9. If you’re more of a candy distributor than a trick-or-treater, this list is for you: “The 24 Best Halloween Films on Netflix.”
10. Give a whale of a gift to a dear friend (or even to yourself) with this ceramic whale-print mug.
More coastal reads: